How to Care for Your WeatherBeeta Blanket
Your horse’s turnout blankets may need to be cleaned from time to time—and certainly after each season.
Some blankets can be machine-washed at home, depending on the capacity of your washer and machine specifications. If you are in any doubt, seek out the services of a local professional blanket-washing business to care for your blanket.
To wash your turnout blanket at home:
- Remove excess dirt, mud and hair.
- Remove all detergent buildup from your detergent dispenser.
- Place your blanket in a mesh wash bag to contain all the straps and buckles, protecting them and your machine from damage.
- Machine wash your blanket in cool water (maximum 85 F) on a gentle cycle using mild soap or a blanket-cleaning wash. (Always follow the manufacturer’s washing instructions.)
- Do not use detergents or fabric conditioners as you risk compromising the waterproof and breathable coating.
- If you find that water no longer beads off the surface of your turnout, rewaterproof your blanket to add durable water repellency and revitalize breathability.
- Line-dry your blanket; do not tumble dry.