How to Care for your Horse Blanket
Your WeatherBeeta blanket may need cleaning from time to time - and certainly after each season.
While all WeatherBeeta blankets can be machine washed at home, your success will depend on the capacity of your drum and machine specification. If you are in any doubt, we recommend you seek out the local services of a professional blanket washing business to care for your blanket.
To care for your blanket at home:
1. Remove excess dirt, mud and hair from your blanket
2. Remove all detergent build up from your detergent dispenser
3. Place your blanket in a mesh wash bag to contain all the straps and buckles, protecting them from being damaged and protecting your machine
4. Machine wash your blanket on a gentle delicate cycle using a mild soap or a reputable and recommended rug cleaning was such as Nikwax Blanket Wash (always follow the manufacturers proofing instructions)
5. DO NOT use detergents or fabric conditioners as you risk compromising your WeatherBeeta's unique waterproof and breathable coating.
6. For best results, re-proof your blanket to add durable repellency and revitalize breathability. Use a reputable and recommended rug proofer such as Nikwax Blanket Proof (always follow the manufacturers proofing instructions)
7. Line dry your WeatherBeeta blanket - do not tumble dry